Most of us have worked in a restaurant or food service chain at some point in our lives. If you were like me, finding out your shifts for the week was never a simple task. I’d have to drive to the venue and check the work schedule in the back office or call in and bother someone to tell me when I work that week.
Giving the boss my availability and trying to change shifts was a whole other story that inconvenienced both myself and the business. In the end, shifts were missed because we never got the message that they had changed, or that someone called in sick, you know the drill.
These days scheduling shifts using Excel, Google Calendar, Facebook, WhatsApp have been used as common solutions to transition away from paper, but a key component is still missing. There isn’t a centralised hub from managers and employees to communicate shift changes, availability, or time-off requests.
If you are managing staff at any style of hospitality venue, here are 5 reasons why online shift scheduling will save you time. And if you’re an employee, share these reasons with your managers. They and your co-workers will thank you.
Here are 5 reasons why it’s time to switch to an online shift schedule
- Create a schedule online and automatically notify employees via app, text or email their shifts for the week. Phone calls from employees or people stopping by to find out when they work will be a thing of the past.
- Employees are immediately notified on their phone when their shifts have changed. There won’t be any reason for missed work shifts.
- Shift trades between employees can happen easily with manager approval. It takes no time and no effort to get work shifts covered.
- Availability and time-off is centralised online and easy to keep track of. It’s simple to create schedules when you see every employee’s availability in one place while you’re scheduling staff for your restaurant.
- Easily manage employees across multiple restaurant locations and allow different managers to schedule their respective teams. This creates a streamlined platform to manage restaurant employees across locations.
If you’re curious to see if online workforce management would work for your venue, give us a call on 0203 198 8000 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you.
We guarantee you won’t want to go back to Excel.